Version Reviewed: 1.1.0
Review Date: 16th Apr, 2011
Reviewed by Stuart
"Simple but skillfull one touch arcade game" is how developer Andreas Illiger summed up his first app store hit Tiny Wings.
At the price of a chocolate bar this addictive game is a must-buy for a gamer of any age and any level. It provides hours upon hours of manic gameplay and entertainment, of which is mostly filled up of cries of joy as you reach the next nest and earn that prestigious X30 multiplier.
The aim is straightforward: "You have always dreamed of flying-but your wings are tiny. Luckily the world is full of beautiful hills."
The instructions are simple: Touch to drop your wings and become heavier to ride the hill and let go to release and fly for as long as possible.
The early multipliers take next to no skill to advance from (no offence anyone stuck on them) but as you climb to the likes of X26 and X28 you're looking at hours of solid flying to complete the three objectives needed to advance. Not much is awarded from achieving the objectives except for a new nest and of course a score multiplier which helps boost your highscore.
Now with a Game Centre Update you can compare scores and stats with friends and compete for the highest score. Along with that there is 30 "tricky" achievements to complete.
This game is surprisingly addictive for a one-touch/button game but never gets boring. Tiny Wings, for me, is the game of 2011 and we're only in April! Fantastic and being only 59p you'd be tiny-minded not to buy it!
Fixed bug in the highscore system which causes several bad crashes (at the end of each game, when viewing the stats screen, rarely at the start of Tiny Wings...).
Note: If the game crashes on your device this update will fix it. You have probably some broken highscore entries which will be deleted. I'm sorry for that.
- fixed the starting bug of the last update 1.1.1 (again: I'm sorry for that)
- improved performance & overall smoothness, yeah!
- Game Center & Open Feint on/off switch
- button to sync Game Center achievements in case they are out of order
- individual resets for statistics, nests and highscore in the "stats" page
- new Tiny Wings preferences in the iPhone settings: - "left handed" switch moves the night indicator to the right side of the screen - "pause button left" switch moves the in-game pause button to the left side
- several bugfixes
- Thanks a lot for liking Tiny Wings!
No users have rated this app. Login or create an account and be the first to rate this app.
To rate this app you can login to your account using the form below. Not registered yet? Don't worry, you can Register Here