Instasplash, another photo editing app to add to the hundreds of other photo apps out there. Instasplash does slip into the photo category but it's quite a cool app, once you get used to how it works.
The idea is you take a photo from your camera, or library, convert it to grayscale and then gradually bring back the colour. You don't add new colour to your image, you’re actually just rubbing out parts of the image and revealing the original colour. This is a cool idea and works great with vivid images, particularly ones focused around a single specific colour.
- Select areas to edit using a colour picker
- Edit brush sizes and add labels to your images
- Undo changes allows you to revert back to a previous version when you’ve gone a step too far
- Social features allow you to post to Instagram and Facebook
- Email your masterpiece to friends and family
Instasplash is a photo editing app that doesn’t try to do too much but what it does do, it does really well. This and the added fact it’s completely free means if you like snapping photos and playing around with a bit of post processing, you should head over to the App Store and try it out.